Thursday, December 08, 2005

Old friends


I am back from Italy were I had a great time. First I've been to an animation festival in Genzano and then I went to Naples (I loved it!) back to Rome for one night and then to home in London.
In the festival I had the pleasure of meeting again old friends and having long and wonderful conversations with colleagues at tables. I was particularily happy to see again the great Danish animator Borge Ring.
Here is a photo of Borge, his wife Joanika and me.

5 Comments:

Blogger limbolo said...

Wonderful to see Borge again....He's the only one of us who does'nt look different.
On the evening I left Amblimation, Borge took up his guitar and played 'Night and Day' for me..
Minutes of bliss amidst a nightmare,

Thursday, December 08, 2005 8:11:00 pm  
Blogger Matt Jones said...

What a wonderful trip this must have been - you're lucky Oscar & desrvedly so.

Sunday, December 11, 2005 12:41:00 pm  
Blogger Oscar Grillo said...

Yes. The "undeserved" trip was great so was meeting old friends...Pity about the wasted hours of watching "animated" films!

Sunday, December 11, 2005 12:55:00 pm  
Blogger Uli Meyer said...

Can't believe how Borge looks exactly the same as 15 years ago when I last saw him, he even looks a bit younger. He's the Merlin of the animation bizz.
That screening room looks a bit deserted.

Monday, December 12, 2005 6:28:00 pm  
Blogger Oscar Grillo said...

He goes around saying "I Am eighty four, you know" and looks younger than me...Great guy, wonderful animator.

Monday, December 12, 2005 11:22:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home