Monday, August 13, 2007

Bessie Smith


Gimme A Pigfoot And A Bottle Of Beer
By Wesley Wilson


Twenty-five cents?
Ha! No! No!
I wouldn't pay twenty-five cents to go in nowhere 'cause listen here)

Up in Harlem ev'ry Saturday night
when the high-browns git together
it's just too tight,
they all congregates at an all night strut
and what they do is tut-tut-tut
Old Hannah Brown from 'cross town
gets full of corn and starts breakin' 'em down
Just at the break of day you can hear old Hannah say,
"Gimme a pigfoot and a bottle of beer"
Send me gateI don't care
I feel just like I wanna clown
Give the piano player a drink
because he's bringin' me down
He's got rhythm,
yeah!
When he stomps his feet,
he sends me right off to sleep
Check all your razors and your guns
We gonna be rasslin'
when the wagon comes
I wanna pigfoot and a bottle of beer
Send me 'cause I don't care
Slay me 'cause I don't care
Gimme a reefer and a gang o' gin
Slay me, 'cause I'm in my sin
Slay me 'cause I'm full of gin
Check all your razors and your guns
Do the shim-sham shimmy till the risin' sun.

Listen to Bessie Smith
(Click on title)
Gimme A Pigfoot (1933)
W152578-2 COLUMBIA 37574

6 Comments:

Blogger mr.ed said...

fabuloso

Monday, August 13, 2007 3:53:00 pm  
Blogger Javier Delfino (javoc) said...

Guau grillo, que lindo (pronunciado así liiiiiindo) dibujo. Tiene una mirada espectacular. Y el trazo me vuelve loco. Eh vuelto, dese una vuelta oscar.

Monday, August 13, 2007 4:08:00 pm  
Blogger Oscar Grillo said...

Edgardo. Este dibujo lo hice pensando en vos. Como anduve medio pendenciero con los corresponsales de tu blog queria tirarte una linea afectuosa (pero viril).

Mi bueno tu regreso, Javoc!!

Monday, August 13, 2007 4:33:00 pm  
Blogger Vince M said...

Beautiful!

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 4:49:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jajajaja, gracias por el cumplido entonces(agradecimiento viril también), pero no estuviste pendenciero!

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 7:12:00 am  
Blogger Javier Delfino (javoc) said...

Gracias oscar, es un gusto navegar por estas aguas.

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 3:00:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home